Someone on the WW GoaD board mentioned a website that had a training program for doing 100 pushups in a row. I've been really happy with the Couch to 5K training program, but I've been wanting to do something with my upper body. So this sounded like a good idea!
I checked out the website, and it seemed like a really good program. It has different stages for different levels of fitness, which suited me just fine. I started as of August 24, 2008.
Since I also want to take good care of my low back, I thought I ought to include crunches and leg lifts, which help build core muscles important for the low back. So I'm using the same routine as a format for doing crunches and leg lifts too. I don't know if I'm taking on too much by doing all three at the same time, but I hope it works out great. If it's too much, I can drop the others and focus on the pushups first.
The program is ideally completed in six weeks, which would put me right at the first week in October. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gavin in a Suit October 07
Sometimes the suit makes the man... look pudgy
Gavin in a Suit July 08
Looking good in my new threads
Family June 07
Jake, Gavin & Lara on Vacation
Family June 08
Lara, Jake & Gavin
2 comments:
Good luck Gavin, keep us informed on how this goes. It was great to meet you in person at the GoaD dinner this past weekend.
Thanks Scott! It was great meeting you too!
Post a Comment