Sunday, June 21, 2009

Musings on Lifestyle and Ups and Downs

Today I gained 0.6. By itself, no problem. On the heels of the last 4 weeks of doctor-ordered no-exercise, I'm 3 pounds above where I need to be to maintain lifetime status. I have 11 days to get rid of it in order to keep "free" status.

The thing is, I've been thinking about it, and I am not going to go crazy trying to lose those 3 pounds. I am going to watch some of my choices a bit more closely than normal. But the main thing for me is to just keep on the healthy lifestyle that got me to goal and lifetime in the first place.

Over the last 4 weeks, the only missing element has been the activity. I've continued to eat the same way as I did to get to goal. During the past 4 weeks, I thought often about reducing my points due to the loss of activity, and each time I realized I just wasn't willing to change how I ate for the short-term consequence or benefit. I do NOT want to be on a diet.

So, I kept eating in the way that I have found works for me over the long haul, knowing full well that it would show on the scale. And since I'm a daily weigher, I watched it show up on the scale, so there were no surprises.

Now, I am back to getting regular daily activity, and I love it. I have to work back to the level of fitness I had before the injury. Part of me wants to rush that, but I refuse to rush the healing, or overdo the exercise. Working out till I vomit is not my idea of a lifestyle change either.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know where I was at, and to express my gratitude to all the Goadies who preached Lifestyle to me when I was new. Thank you!

No comments:

Gavin in a Suit October 07

Gavin in a Suit October 07
Sometimes the suit makes the man... look pudgy

Gavin in a Suit July 08

Gavin in a Suit July 08
Looking good in my new threads

Family June 07

Family June 07
Jake, Gavin & Lara on Vacation

Family June 08

Family June 08
Lara, Jake & Gavin